Thursday, February 02, 2006

Live with my husband, what's that about?

Wow! Just when I was getting use to the idea of being married and not living with my husband, Jason tells me he is being transfered to Laramie as the South Wyoming Access Coordinator/Game Warden!!!! (We just found out and I'm still in shock :). July 1st will be his first official day in his new Laramie based position.
I'm thrilled but also terrified! Jason and I have lived apart for a full year and I haven't had a roommate for two. Now I have to re-evaluate my living habits. No more ice cream for dinner, late night "Sex and the City" marathons, clothes on the floor, unmade bed (for you Dad), hogging the computer, etc. J/K/Grin. I'm sure we'll make it just fine, but it will be an adjustment for us both.
Also, because my landlord doesn't allow pets, and I've been looking on the side for a year now, we'll be shopping for our first house! (Planning a wedding and house hunting, are we crazy?!?) Wish us luck.
Happy to have found each other, The Treysons

6 comments:

Treysons said...

I know some will ask: My new position will be mostly securing and maintaining hunter access to private lands through our "Private Lands/Public Wildlife" program. I'll do all of the landowner contracts to lease hunting rights for public hunters for the southern third of the state. When that is done, I will coordinate with the district wardens to ensure that the enrolled lands are patrolled more often (part of the access agreement)--and, hopefully, continue to do quite a bit of the patrolling myself. The job will be much more focused than my district warden job, but I will have A LOT MORE country to poke around in (AND our home phone won't be ringing constantly with "I saw an injured deer" or "there's an elk in my haystack" calls--so you can say goodbye to that loooong answering machine message I have now). Anyway, it should be interesting--AND I GET TO LIVE WITH MY NEW WIFE!

Treysons said...

New, what happend to your old one?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy for yall! Congrats!! -Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jason on your new position. I believe things happen for a reason, and this job was meant to be! Now the biggest challenge will be adjusting to the constant companionship, learning each others habits (good and bad), and teaching the pets to get along! With your two comments posted here, you are starting to sound like a married couple! Again, congratulations. All our love, Mom Beyer

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you ! I know it seems like a lot but it will all come to an end before you know it and you will have a house you will love and the beginning of a great life together. And how exciting is that for you jason, to have more territory. I loved the "there's an elk in my haystack" Too funny. Just hang in there I know you are both strong and with eachother to help out you could conquer the world. Love you both -k-

Jen Dome said...

Hello Jason and Trey! I'm glad to hear you'll be living together ... I know through my roommate that long-distance relationships are hard. It sounds like all your plans are coming along and I'm so excited for you as you begin to put things in place for your life together!

By the way, I saw your post about windy Wyoming and, although I'm no expert, I have to say that Chicago is craaaaaazy windy! Some days when I walk to class, it feels like I'm actually being pushed along by the wind. And especially when I stand on the L platform (the train), I feel like I might fall over!! Then again, I'm not as big as a trailer ... heehee :)

Please continue to send me your news ... I miss you Trey! And Jason, some day I hope to meet you!!!