Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just a short note

Yesterday I spoke about local initiatives in public history at the American Heritage Center. My co-presenters were GREAT. Mary from the Laramie Plains Museum and Mike from the Old West Museum in Cheyenne can be seen in the photo. Thanks to Carol for inviting us.
http://www.uwyo.edu/news/

It has warmed up a bit here in the last few days. In the 50s, nice enough to take the dogs on a long walk to the park.

Suppose to snow later in the week!

This week I’m working on planning a community art show of western 2D original work from Laramie artists. My favorite piece, so far, can be found at: http://laramieartguild.blogspot.com/2007/10/fighting-bull-elk.html Alberto is an artist in the winter and a very isolated sheepherder for six months during the summer. His work makes me happy!

I’m also working on a statewide grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Our first group-planning meeting is next week. Wish me luck!

We are off to Lander this weekend for the annual Game Warden’s Association meeting. I’m looking forward to a change of pace and visiting the local museums.

Hope everyone is well!

No comments: