Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dysfunctional Dogs

This afternoon I arrived home to find Tillie leaving little splatters of blood all over the floor, abstract art style. I can only assume the girls had a spat this morning and Tillie’s bloody ear is the result. I put them both outside, hoping Tillie would stop bleeding before I had to go back to work. Things seem to calm down but I checked in with Super Dad, aka Bill Sherwood and asked for his opinion. “Should I take Tillie to the vet?” She was wagging her tail when I left so I know she isn’t going to die.

Bill was good enough to check on Tillie and she was still dripping. He bandaged her up with some heavy duty paper towels, band aids and duck tape. Yes, our dog is a ghetto princess.

If her ear doesn’t look better by tomorrow morning, I’m taking her to the vet. Jason is in Casper tonight and won’t be home until tomorrow sometime so I’m on my own. I feel like a bad mother. Shelby looking sheepish:On a lighter note, Jason and I went geocashing over the weekend. We explored some new areas in Vedauvoo, a nifty rock formation outside of Laramie, in the Med. Bow National Forest.

Here are some pictures of Jason and the girls looking for hidden treasures: Tillie with both ears in tack. We took the scenic way home:

2 comments:

The Kane said...

Poor Tillie. I hope she gets better. I must admit the duck tape is very stylish and really brings out her eyes ;) So, geocashing, what is that?

Anonymous said...

Did you find the cache?
gram