Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekly Update

The way I’m going lately, you’ll never see another photograph on this blog! Ok, so I’m still behind – with work, email, home repairs, class, etc. But I’m plugging along!

This week I attended a board retreat for work, packed artifacts for storage (including some moldy 120 year old shoes), went to the chiropractor, had lunch with the advisor from UW’s History Dept., worked on a Power Point presentation for Leadership Wyoming, went to the rodeo with Jason (date night), and conducted the first of many oral histories for our church.

The oral histories went really well and I learned a lot about the history/culture of our beloved church. But the highlight of the week was the rodeo; esp. the rodeo clown who dressed up as a sumo wrestler, inflatable suit and all! It was so funny to see him dodging bulls in his costume! (No, I didn’t take pictures. I wanted to enjoy the rodeo from the stands instead of glued behind a lens.) The local bull riders were fun to watch and the DJ was really good. She had the crowd dancing in their seats!

This week I’ve been fighting an awful headache and have been in-and-out of work. Tomorrow is a big day – trip to Cheyenne to meet with the WY State Museum staff – so I have to at least pretend I’m feeling better! I have an eye exam Friday so maybe some new glasses will help?

This weekend is the second round of oral histories and, and… (we’ve been waiting for this…) we are finally starting the kitchen remodel!!! Friday night I’m going to pull out the dishes and utensils we’ll need in the make shift kitchen, Sat. I’m packing the rest of the dishes, pots, pans, etc. and Sunday Jason is starting the demolition process. Anyone in town with an urge to wield a sledge hammer, please stop by!

While I haven’t been good about taking pictures lately, I promise to take before and after of the kitchen. As I’ve said before… check back (don’t give up on me!) In the meantime, have a WONDERFUL week!!! - T

2 comments:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Oh, Trey. Please tell me the shoes weren't really moldy! And tell me you didn't pack them with everything else! You really know how to break a girl's heart . . .

Treysons said...

I gave them their own box!