Friday, April 10, 2009

NCPH

In between working on the kitchen and 40 plus hours at work, I’ve managed to find time to go through my pictures from Providence, RI. My best girlfriend from graduate school (Erin) and I traveled there last week to attend the National Council on Public History’s annual conference. The experience was wonderful, learned a lot, made new friends, squeezed in some sight-seeing, met a Rockefeller, and made it back to Wyoming despite the winter storms (thanks to my brave husband). Oh, deep breath… I’m looking for moments of calm today as we head into Easter.

For your viewing enjoyment, some artistically blurry pictures from our trip: Mr. Rockefeller bought a mill... restored it for multi-use, artist space, workshops on original equipment, office space, etc. He was nice enough to give some of the conference participants a tour of his project. (Rocky would have been excited to meet him.) Walkway at the Chicago airport:Only picture of me and Erin from the trip. (Yes, it felt a little rushed but so worth it. Next year the conference is in Portland.)The kitchen is calling...

3 comments:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Did you tell Rockefeller you met one of his relatives? I bet he was really excited.

Treysons said...

Not yet. He is still in Elk Mt. with Jason's parents. I probably won't see him until Sunday. The house is lonely without the pets!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you met a Rockefeller!?!? Cool!