Monday, September 28, 2009

Volunteer Hours

This weekend a friend pointed out that I’m like a retired person who spends more hours volunteering than I did working. Not sure if that is true but when my pastor asked me yesterday how many hours I’m putting in I had to sit down and calculate it.

This week:
CWAM (museum stuff), 16 hours (pictures to come)
Church, 2 hours
Laramie Plains Museum, 2 hours
MPMA (more museum stuff), 2 hours

22 hours. So, I’m a part time volunteer. What else am I doing with my time!?!? I don’t make a very good housewife but I did do two loads of laundry yesterday and when I’m in the mood, I’m a really good cook! Today I’ll get groceries, pay bills, walk the dogs, pick up the backyard, trim Rocky’s nails, plan a birthday party for a friend, renew my library books, watch a movie and wonder what to make for dinner. Jason is gone for a week and cooking for one stinks. Ho hum…

2 comments:

Kennedy said...

why don't you come over for dinner tomorrow or Thursday? (Message me on FB.)

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Cooking for one DOES stink! I'm home alone, too, and would love to have you over for dinner. Man, I wish we lived closer to each other. We could keep each other company during these brief periods of widowhood.