Saturday, November 28, 2009

On the Trail

Last week I had a board meeting in Douglas then traveled to Casper to visit my good friends Erin and Alex. Most the visit revolved around food, conversation, crafts and movies. Erin, usually not credited for her abilities in the kitchen, slaved over a hot stove not once, not twice, but three times to make me some amazing meals! Way to go Erin! Grill cheese on rosemary bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, tasty oatmeal with honey all paired with great wine and good company.

Alex also worked his magic in the kitchen and made us a WONDERFUL steak salad. Very tasty! Not to mention his talented ability to build a warm, crackling fire. I felt right at home.

Thanks guys for a wonderful weekend! Erin in her new hat. She finished it while I was in town. So cute!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the pasta? Erin can cook - it can be done - just don't tell Alex! He loved being featured on your blog and loved the photo! I had a great time. We need to do that again soon!

Anonymous said...

But the grilled cheese was burned and Alex's pan has not recovered. As he ways, I'm "banned from the pan." No cooking for me!

Treysons said...

Darn! How could I forget about that amazing pasta. Please forgive me, it was devine!!! I had a great time with you and Alex.