Monday, November 14, 2005

I Make Good Barns Better


I don't know how we will ever top the engagment post so I won't even try! (Nothing seems as exciting since Jason popped the question!) Still on cloud 9. Thought I'd post a little update from the Wyoming Territorial Prison. We are restoring both the Warden's House (built by prisoners in 1875) and the Broom Factory (where in 1900, 25 to 50 prisoners made 720 brooms a day!) The construction crew is hard at work, even in the snow. Tearing through the house, we've discoverd the original wood floors, wall paper, and 12 ft ceilings. It is all very exciting. These buildings will undergo drastic changes within the next year. Its a mess now, but oh when they are done! As to the title, the construction crew was ripping out an inner wall in the Broom Factory and found a wooden sign that read, "I Make Good Barns Better". They posted it above the entrance and have adopted it as their motto while they work.
Front page article in the local paper about the restoration: http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/more.asp?StoryID=104315
Sen. Mike Massie, D-Laramie says of the restoration, “we need to make hay while the sun shines”.
http://www.wyomingnews.com/news/more.asp?StoryID=106477&arch=true

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted again! I have been checking it everyday :) It's like my own little soap opera, kind of. It's so nice to get to go into your exciting wyoming world every once in a while :) I love and miss you guys soooooo much, and I can't wait to see you for Christmas!

Love you,
Jess