Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day Three: Spot the Mountain Pine Beetles

Sunday morning we awoke in beautiful Saratoga. About 9 we moseyed down to the local breakfast joint for waffles and eggs benedict. After some confusion over who ordered what and mom and dad eating another tables waffles (good, weren’t they!) we made our way back to the bikes and started over the Snowy Range. Enjoying the scenery, we made a few short stops at camps, mountain lakes, and overlooks. By the time we made it to Centennial, it was almost time for the group to part ways (insert sad face here). We made it back to Laramie a little after 2 and each headed our own way. Some to the airport and some back to Minnesota. It was a beautiful day and very memorable, especially lake Marie. (I told you there’d be snow!)

Playing in the snow and spiritual journeys up the mountain. A great place for family photos! I heard many in the group proclaim, “Scott would be proud of us”! I agree totally. I also heard a few planning for next years ride. Who is up for Tennessee June 2009? Rahn and Terry volunteered to plan out the route. Then how ‘bout Minnesota? Ya, sure, you bet cha! Then South Dakota or Route 66? Which one would Scott have liked best?
Sounds like we’ll be doing this again next June. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I can't wait to hear more about the ride when I see you on Sunday!
Love,
Erin

The Kane said...

This was so uplifting and BEAUTIFUL! I am sure Scott would have been proud and was with you the whole way. It looks like a BLAST!
Tell Rahn I said hi, totally plan on trying out the time zone theory for my birthday. :D
I cant beleive your mom and dad rode. I am impressed. They look great.
Okay, well have an amazing day and thank you for the congrats. It is exciting.
Love,
Kandi :D