Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moisture...

A few weeks ago there was a tornado in town. I kinda zoned out since I was playing hookie from work. Shelby let me know something was going on when she climbed in our tub. Then I heard the sirens go off. We sat in the bathroom together until it past. (I called to Tillie and Rocky but they weren't interested in hiding. If they were people, they'd be the ones outside watching it go by!)
I mention this because with the tornado, we had lots and lots and lots of rain. More than is usual in Wyoming. The river flooded and a friend of a friend's basement flooded.
Then today it snowed...

But, I digress. I simply state all of the above just to have some text to go with these photos I took last Sat. from the fire dept. bucket truck. They were giving demos in our parking lot. Not until I was WAYYyyyyyyyyy up in the air did I realize the amount of standing water around the historic site and into west Laramie.

1 comment:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Geez! I'm glad to know someone else is having strange weather. I went from wearing a sweater and jacket to sweating through my virtually see-through tank top and shorts in less than a week. It was bonkers! Of course, we didn't get snow. SNOW! You're the only person I know who gets snow in June. Ohhhh YES! WYOMING!